Thursday, January 15, 2009

my snot froze!

I don't think it has ever been this cold since I have moved to this state. Schools are closed today because the actual temperature this morning at 8:00am (even with bright beautiful blue skys) was -18 degrees!! With the wind chill the temperature is -42 degrees!! That is insane. The said on the radio that frost bite will begin on exposed skin within eight to ten minutes! 8 -10 minutes! That is how long it takes to let our dog out or go to the mailbox and get the mail!
Sorry dog, you will just have to hold it.
Sam and I actually left the house this morning because I still needed to go to work but I bundled her up in her full on snow suit and let the car warm up even though it was parked in our partially heated garage!
I parked illegally this morning because my normal street parking is THREE BLOCKS AWAY. Yeah right I am walking that far and crossing the busy street; I mean what if there were traffic and I had to stand there and wait to cross? 8-10 minutes and my nose could be gone!
This is just too damn cold. But they say that we only have about 24 more hours of this and then it will slowly start to warm up...we may even hit 30 by next week...a January thaw they are calling it! HA!

2 comments:

Maeve's Mom said...

Wow, I don't think I would survive. It is 1 degree here (minus 10 with the wind chill) and I hated going outside just to drive the kids to school. I feel for you. Try to stay inside and stay warm (as much as you can).

Anonymous said...

so glad you posted about it, I was wondering just how cold you were. That is really crazy! Stay warm.
Love mom