Friday, January 16, 2009

make it STOP!

No I am not talking about the cold, although it would be great if the warmer weather they spoke about would get here already. What I am talking about is the tear-out-my-ears, horrible noise that my daughter has discovered. She has all of three teeth (well, really two and a sliver of a third) and somehow she can GRIND THEM! Oh yes, my daughter grinds her teeth! I cannot stand that noise, Chris does it in his sleep, and now Sam does it at random times during the day.
So, someone PLEASE tell me how I get my daughter of ten months old to stop making a noise that makes me want to throw her across the room.
Don't worry, I won't really do that!!

4 comments:

Maeve's Mom said...

Sorry, but you can't make her stop. She most likely will stop eventually, but for now it's a novelty; having teeth to rub together. Maeve did it and the noise was truly horrifying. When she's doing it try to distract her with something else.

Holly said...

I usually read your updates in my Google Reader and jumped over here to comment. First time I've seen the new header. So CUTE!!

Anyhoo, the teeth grinding. Both Ella and Lily did that and it was like fingernails on a chalkboard. UGH! The only thing I found that remotely worked was ignoring it. If I told them to stop (even as a baby) they would keep it up just to get more attention from it. As soon as I ignored it for a bit, they stopped doing it.

But both of them have worn their front teeth down from nighttime grinding. Our dentist says that's pretty normal and they stop by age 10 or 11 and then it sometimes picks up again as adults deal with their stresses more internally. There's your fun fact for the day. ;-)

Jen said...

Mine eventually quit on their own, maybe as more teeth came in so the angles were more difficult to get those front teeth together... Sorry!

Learn to love these special moments.

(I burst out laughing while typing that.)

Jodie Allen said...

parker does it still at random times and i hate it too. i tell her it will give her booboos and that usually shuts her up! :)