Sunday, August 24, 2008

baby food

So my sister always posts pictures of the projects that she is working on. Lately she has been showing the most amazing educational and home made games and activities that she is making for her three kids. So I decided that I needed to show off the project that I have started and become OBSESSED with!

This is all of Sam's food.
I have now made green beans, peas, yams, peaches, avocado, apples, pears, bananas and plums! You are looking at 6 Ziploc baggies, each containing a different vegetable or fruit, three ice trays loaded with apple, pear and plum and the Tupperware container that now lives in our freezer helping to organize all this HOME MADE BABY FOOD! It is just so easy, so much cheaper and I actually enjoy making it; so all around it is turning out to be a great thing. Not to mention have you ever seen organic avocado baby food in the grocery store because they don't sell it in mine! I love that I can buy the organic fruits and vegetables or buy local produce and turn it into Sam's food. I am off to Target in a little bit to pick up more ice cube trays and then work on the butternut squash tonight. I have not yet attempted homemade cereals, I am still buying the boxed stuff but I am thinking about trying that this week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sharpen up your pie skills we are bringing fresh Illinois peaches with us! and corn on the cob, can you cut it off the cob and puree it? Love that your place to create is the kitchen!

Maeve's Mom said...

This is such a great idea. I always meant to try it but got lazy/busy and just bought the jarred stuff. Umm, avocado baby food. Awesome!