Thursday, May 1, 2008

sick

Sam is sick.
Don't worry it is nothing major. She doesn't have a fever and is still eating good but her nose is full of greenish-yellowish gunk. Her breathing seems labored because she is breathing through all that gunk. I think this is probably the hardest thing I have had to do up to this point in my life is watch my child be uncomfortable and not be able to do anything to help her. I know how bad a stuffy nose sucks even for me with Kleenex, medicine and the ability to sniffle and blow so I just can't even imagine the kind of discomfort that she must be in. I try to help her with that bulb-syringe thing but I am not good at it and it only seems to help for about 30 seconds. I just hate seeing her like this.
I cannot even imagine the pain and anguish that some of my friends and family have gone through while watching their children go through major things like surgeries, illnesses and being born premature. The amount of strength in those parents is beyond my comprehension and I pray that I never have to be that strong.

On a lighter note...
My friend Darcy and I have been going for walks each day (when weather allows). I finally found a hat (thank you Aunt Jodie) in our baby stuff to help keep the sun off of Samantha's face. How cute does she look?

2 comments:

Jodie Allen said...

ahhh! bailey's hat! :) are those her jeans too?

have you tried the saline nose drops? that seriously helps loosen up the real chunky stuff and makes it way easier to suck out with the bulb (which I have had to do multiple times an hour to keep them comfortable so it's ok to do it every 30 minutes!)

amy said...

She is so cute!

PS. The saline drops are excellent!