Saturday, May 9, 2009

weird night

I went to bed about 10:00pm, nothing weird there. About 1:00am I woke up to a very loud toy singing to me. Chris had stepped on some singing turtle thing and couldn't get it to stop singing. Awesome. Unable to find the off switch in the dark he put a sweatshirt over it and threw it in the closet. I tossed and turned for awhile trying to fall back to sleep. Then sometime before 5:00am Chris's alarm turned on. I sat up in bed to find him trying to turn the alarm off. He said that he realized it was going to go off like it was a week day and in the dark he was trying to turn the alarm off, but accidentally turned it on. About five minutes later I heard Sam. Before 5:00am she was awake a talking. I got up. Seriously how many loud mishaps can one man have in a night? Good grief.

But the day is going well so far. Chris is at work studying, Sam and I took to the streets to do some serious garage sale shopping and now we are back at home napping, well Sam is napping.

I thoroughly enjoyed driving around looking at other people's junk. I don't know why I find it so much fun but I do. We got lucky on some kids clothes; good brands, good condition and super cheap. If we didn't already have all the baby gear (swings, excersaucers, swings, baby toys, etc.) I would have hit the jackpot today. There was some great stuff out there. The one thing that I would have LOVED to bring home was one of those bouncing rocking horses. You know the old fashioned plastic horse sitting on four large springs attached to a metal frame. Bounces like crazy and you can lose a finger in the springs but they are AWESOME! If I could have figured out how to put it in my car the thing would have been mine. I actually saw TWO of them today; crazy. The second time I truly felt that God was telling me the horse needed to come home with me, but I had no way to get it home and no room in the house for the giant horse. Damn small cars.

Okay, I better get some laundry done. I would like to be working in the garden but since it is rainy and cold that is a no go.

Enjoy some cute videos and pictures!
She says MA! That is me, I finally have a name in Sam language!

No comments: